The Invisible Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

+2
Lucid Memes
intrepidpixie
6 posters

Cult of the Turkey Vultures

gwap360
    gwap360
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Cult of the Turkey Vultures - Page 2 Empty Re: Cult of the Turkey Vultures

Post by gwap360 Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:49 pm

wow! good thread
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-04-04

Post by Extant Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:31 am

A correlatory cult here? -> Antiquities of the Illuminati -

The Peacock Angel Cult

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    As to the kind of bas relief sculpture, from the Halaf culture, here is an example, from Georges Roux' Ancient Iraq.

I'm really not sold on many of the sources they use but I think the possibilities raised deserve further investigation. As quoted here:

The Peacock Angel Cult - Part One:

The Yezidi from what we gather, are an angelic cultus, the Angels being the Nephilim that we run into in the Book of Enoch. "We have survived on tops of mountains and beneath the feet of mountains" -- consider that the mountainous regions in Northern Iraq / Southern Turkey / North-Eastern Syria / Armenia, N. W. Iran, would facilitate such a statement. Indeed the first post-diluvial cultures in the region were cave communities such as that of Shanidar cave. The Barda-Balka culture goes back 120,000 years. The earliest strata of the Shanidar culture, also goes back that far. But, when the famous Deluge of History took place, circa 10,973 B. C. E., (rather than the 10,500 B. C. E. of the Hancock / Bauval crowd) Shanidar was still going. We recommend the work, Ancient Iraq, by Georges Roux. We have been informed that some of the finds in that place included burials of goats' heads with vulture wings, and that the early priests/shamans of the area wore vulture wings as a part of their uniform, and that this was to signify the appearance of the Nephilim, or the Angels. Did our Nephilim have wings, or does it signify that they flew?
    intrepidpixie
    intrepidpixie
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Number of posts : 107

Post by intrepidpixie Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:48 pm

Yeah, these yezidi are an interesting group of people. They fit into Kealeys theory about the Kurdish priest sect who live in caves who ultimately control the eastern faction of the NWO. I did alot of research on them a while back- their beliefs are very similar to Zoroastrianism. Their ancient shrine of Shaihk Adi is certainly interesting with the serpent at the portal and modern day Yezidi dye their hair red and don`t cut it. The relief sculpture you posted above reminds me of the hybrid Pan- perhap Virgils Arcadie was really in the Middle East.
    intrepidpixie
    intrepidpixie
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Number of posts : 107

Post by intrepidpixie Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:06 pm

I think too, that the western Order of the Brazen Serpents which was formed at around the time of the Crusades when the Templars were over in this region was a nod to these people.
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-04-04

Post by Extant Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:42 pm

intrepidpixie wrote:I think too, that the western Order of the Brazen Serpents which was formed at around the time of the Crusades when the Templars were over in this region was a nod to these people.

Maybe more than a nod eh? Well some suggest so. That it was a transmission of a tradition, a viral meme if you like, carried from all those eastern sects through to the Templars and beyond. Lots of eastern influence.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:47 am