The Invisible Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

4 posters

A Documentary on Tantric Beliefs and Pracitices

Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

A Documentary on Tantric Beliefs and Pracitices Empty A Documentary on Tantric Beliefs and Pracitices

Post by Lucid Memes Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Sex: The Secret Gate to Eden (Alchemy, Kabbalah and Tantra)

This movie was made by Thelema Press

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Primordial Myth, Universal Tradition: the story of Adam and Eve is not unique to the West. Every culture retains some version of this cryptic tale, and few have understood the secrets it carries. Temptation. The serpent. The expulsion from Paradise. Archetypal stories that have moved millions of human beings: but who has understood their real meaning? Theories abound, but humanity remains Suffering in the wilderness. Now, the Esoteric Doctrine upon which all the world's great religions are grounded is revealed. Behold the Great Arcanum: the tremendous secret fiercely protected for centuries. Behold the true heart of all great religions and mystical traditions: the Path of the Razor's Edge, the exact science to awaken the Consciousness and free the soul from suffering. The road to Return to Eden is revealed; it is time for man and woman to rectify their mistake and return to their true home.

you can get the torrent here for the full version - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

part 2 -
    part 3 -
    part 4 -
    part 5 -
    part 6 -

Apparently this documentary is based off the work of Samael Aun Weor, but I suspect he got it from various secret societies.

"By 1948, Aun Weor began teaching a small group of students. In 1950, under the name "Aun Weor", he managed to publish The Perfect Matrimony of Kinder, or The Door to Enter into Initiation with the help of his close disciples.[13] The book, later entitled The Perfect Matrimony, claimed to unveil the secret of sexuality as the cornerstone of the world's great religions.[14] In it he elucidated topics such as sexual transmutation,[15] tantra, sexual magic and esoteric initiation.[16]"

[13] Andrew Dawson New Era, New Religions, p. 56, Ashgate Publishing Co., 2007 ISBN 978-0754654339
    [14] Goldberg, Ben Zion (1930). The Sacred Fire. Forgotten Books. p. 150. ISBN 1606200476. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "...the intentional loss of semen is an unpardonable sin."
    [15] Hill, Napoleon (1937). Think and Grow Rich. Forgotten Books. p. 182. ISBN 1605069302. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "The mystery of sex transmutation (The tenth step toward riches)"
    [16] Smoley, Richard; Kinney, Jay (2006). Hidden Wisdom. Quest Books. p. 41. ISBN 0835608442. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "...Samael Aun Weor, has a Tantric orientation..."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and to add to this...he did indeed get his idea from earlier mysteries and mystics.

"On October 27, 1954 he received an initiation and became Samael Aun Weor. In his autobiographical work The Three Mountains, Samael Aun Weor stated that because he was born with an awakened consciousness, he was analyzing his previous lives before mastering how to walk.[6] At the age of 17, he was asked to lecture at the local Theosophical Chapter, and a year later was admitted into the occult society Fraternitas Rosicruciana Antiqua (F.R.A.)[6][7]. While a student in the F.R.A., Aun Weor methodically studied the entire Rosicrucian library and it was here that he allegedly learned the secret of the "Great Arcanum", or white Sexual Magic – the esoteric key which, according to Weor, underpins all of the world's great religions.[6] According to Eliphas Levi, "...in former times, whosoever revealed, or caused the key of this supreme secret to be discovered by others through imprudent revelations, was condemned immediately to death." [8]" -ibid

Weor calls it the "Great Arcanum" which is similar to Crowley's sex magic (hence Thelema Press). But the big divide is the question of orgasm.

Crowley, along with Wilhelm Reich and various other occultists believe that oragasmic ejaculation is valuable for sex magic rituals.

While Samael Aun Weor believes in the sort of traditional tantric idea of ejaculation suppression during sex, which they believe enhances the practitioner's ability in various ways.

Last edited by Lucid Memes on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
    missingyoumadly
    missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Number of posts : 345

A Documentary on Tantric Beliefs and Pracitices Empty Re: A Documentary on Tantric Beliefs and Pracitices

Post by missingyoumadly Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:31 pm

The sooner humanity can admit that it's basically all about sex the better. Why so repressed and relying on religion to cleanse us? We are here to procreate! This looks very interesting indeed.
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-04-04

A Documentary on Tantric Beliefs and Pracitices Empty Re: A Documentary on Tantric Beliefs and Pracitices

Post by Extant Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:42 pm

Lucid, is the documentary any good?

MYM, yes, from looking at your blog I would say that you think so. Cool
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111

Post by Lucid Memes Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:50 pm

Yes I do indeed think its good as an insight into history. I don't believe the religion behind it, but it gives insight into the sacralization of sex. I remember one researcher discribing sex as the closest thing we know to our creation and not intelligent-design or creationism or some interventionist theory. Sex, because its the processes of intercourse, conception and birth are the most easily discernible causes of our existence and not some abstract idea.

What drew me to researching Tantra and this documentary years ago were my investigations into the belief system of kundalini. In essence, the concept of kundalini is the idea that your spine is a conduit for a powerful bodily energy call the "serpent fire" or a perceived serpentine energy that rises from the base of the spine and upward. Now, how high up the spine the kundalini rises is determined by how enlightened or advanced an adept is in the yogic arts. The belief was that if you could get the kundalini to rise to the top of your head, then you've achieved a level of divinity or high spiritual enlightenment on earth.

What I found fascinating about kundalini is the universality of it in the ancient world. It seemed to have originated in India, but has also been found throughout Asia, in Greek Platonist works, Egyptian Pharaonic ideals, Judaic Kabbalism, and the Underground Stream of Western Hermeticism. I would also argue that the story of the Garden of Eden and the serpent cause of The Fall is a parable for ancient belief in kundalini (the video goes into it somewhat).

Now how Kundalini relates to Tantra is because it was believed that the practice of Tantric sex is what activates the Kundalini's upward ascent up the spine and to the adepts overall enlightenment. So now in other words, what I saw as an ancient universality of Kundalini is also an ancient universality in Tantric beliefs...or a memetic distribution of these beliefs through the ages.

These Tantric beliefs seemed to have pushed underground by first the Catholic Church who may have viewed it has heretical, and then later by the cultureal Age of Reason and the rise of modern science in the Western world. The latter here is crucial to all this, because what I found laid at the root of this Kunalini/Tantric belief was a misconception of reproductive biology. I was reading the book "The Shape of Ancient Thought" by McEvilley, and in it he mention how the ancients thought that semen was located in the spinal column and not in the testes. And that the reason why ejaculation (a no no for Tantrics) was perceived as a bad thing, was because it was viewed as a lose of "serpent fire" that was unfortunately misdirected through lower channels. And the ideal was to have an orgasm without any lower emissions, and to feel the orgasmic experience only occurring in the brain, or the ideal "top of the head" placement for divine energy.

But like I said before, science disproves this flawed idea of anatomy. The ancients incorrectly believed that there were orgasm and fire and semen and serpents in the spine! It is likely that the tube like bone-marrow in the spine may have been thought to be a type of snake, but it my no means functioned the way they thought it did. I find this all interesting nonetheless.
    Agogwe
    Agogwe
    White Belt
    White Belt

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2010-05-09

Post by Agogwe Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:34 pm

I find this kind of "esoteric" philosophy fascinating. Like Lucid said, it crosses all kinds of cultures and suppression of this thinking is across cultures too. The Sufis, Cathers, Tantric, Zen, even native cultures in the New World teach this kind of "awakening" and in every culture there is suppression and destruction of their way of life. I feel like its a form of control over the mind of people and eventually what is "acceptable" for people to do with their bodies. Religious institutions seem to be guilty of much of this oppression, while saying they are the liberators. I find this all interesting, like there's a element of the human condition we can all tap into, but tapping into it threatens the current structures of power.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:33 pm