The Invisible Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

Franz Bardon: Initiation Into Hermetics

Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Franz Bardon: Initiation Into Hermetics Empty Franz Bardon: Initiation Into Hermetics

Post by Lucid Memes Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:00 pm

I found this guy's work years ago and became fascinated by him and stories about him. He published several books but I was so fascinated by IIH (Initiation Into Hermetics) his first book. A lot of the rhetoric in that work is outdated now, but I was able to extract a few gems that I have frequently used in times of stress. Meditation techniques and a logic of focus that helps relax the mind.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A lot of the reviews of this book on Amazon are quite inspiring
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Initiation into Hermetics provides step-by-step instruction in the form of practical exercises. These exercises are aimed at developing body, soul and spirit. The result of the practical exercises is the development of occult abilities which can be of benefit to the student, in as far as changing his existence for the better.

Bardon's training system is comprehensive. Initiation into Hermetics is divided into 10 practical steps. The program further subdivides each step into three areas – mental, astral, and physical – with the intent of developing all areas of the self simultaneously and in a balanced way. This is to ensure that the student maintain a balance of the three bodies, which accelerates progress in the long run and minimizes injury to oneself in the process of growth. Also, there occurs a purification of the personality, where the magician should become incapable of wishing harm to his fellow man. This is an important point, as the power of the magician increases, so his ability to do harm – even unintentionally, increases.

Mental exercises begin with simple observation of the mental contents and progress from there, with each subsequent exercise building on the previous. The Astral exercises focus on systematically cataloging the positive and negative aspects of the self and, later, transforming and purifying the negative aspects into positive. The Physical exercises stress physical health and development as well as the integration and use of the physical body and physical environment into magical techniques such as rituals.

I uploaded a zip of 3 of his books
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Within are "Initiation Into Hermetics", "The Practice of Magical Evocation", "The Key to the True Kabbalah"

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:03 am