The Invisible Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

3 posters

2012 Olympics

intrepidpixie
    intrepidpixie
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

2012 Olympics Empty 2012 Olympics

Post by intrepidpixie Mon May 24, 2010 2:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Meet the lovable Eye of Horus alien like mascots that will be used to usher in in 2012 Olympics in London. Their names are Wenlock and Mandeville supposedly named after 2 small towns in England but I suspect their namesakes have a darker meaning. They will have their own facebook and twitter page and the marketing agency that will be promoting them is called "Iris" which is curiously described as an "experimental advertising agency", whatever that means...

Here`s the animated cartoon they have come up with to introduce Wenlock and his/her ( androgenous? ) cohort to the public...

Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-04-04

2012 Olympics Empty Re: 2012 Olympics

Post by Extant Mon May 24, 2010 6:09 am

Some information here:

Astronaut Theology: London Mascots

It seems likely, as that page notes, that the mascots are named after two English warlords:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What they also seem to have in common is that they were both turncoats who played both sides of the coin in wars between royal houses, and were both regarded, in a sense, as renegades and outlaws. Particularly Mandeville who was excommunicated, raised hell in England in opposition to King Stephen, took an arrow at some point in battle, sickened, taken as a Knight Templar on his death bed, and some say interned in the Temple Church, left to hang from a tree upside down in a lead coffin as his body was not allowed to contaminate the earth. Much speculation links this to the hanged man card of the tarot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Effigy of Mandeville in the Temple Church.

The towns you mention are, of course, traditionally asscoaited with the Wenlock and Norman de Mandeville families. I think, as Chris Knowles pointed out in that article, that there is something key about those particular members as there is a strong commonality in being "turncoats" and rebels.
    The families themselves may be key though, the bloodline perhaps? The very title of the Earl of Essex was created for the de Mandevilles:

The Baron Wenlock's title died with him.
    intrepidpixie
    intrepidpixie
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by intrepidpixie Mon May 24, 2010 10:47 pm

You are an awesome researcher Extant, and you have inspired me to do something I failed to do: delve into the family names of Wenlock and Mandeville.
    So here is what I found...
    The Mandeville family is a Norman surname originally from Magneville near Valognes, France, an area which was at the heart of the ancient Merovingian Kingdom. It seems that Geoffrey de Mandeville, circa 1100 was part of the Norman power structure in England at the time. He founded a Benedictine priory there as well. (it is thought that the Merovingians never really went away but secreted themselves in Cistercian and Benedictine monestaries) One researcher linked Robin Hood as having been the grandson of Geoffrey de Mandeville. Interesting eh?
    But here`s the most startling find- per wikipedia
    "Geoffrey, the English landholder, was apparently an illegitimate brother of Godfrey, the Crusader." The legendary Godfrey V Bouillon King of Jerusalem! (their legendary darling who also had a child with Beatrice de Mandeville)

The bloodline you ask? Apparently so!

The video is just rife with occult symblism. The first thing I thought of when the rainblow descended on the yet to be animated critters Wenlock and Mandeville was the pillars of Jachin and Boaz because they were spawned from the steel that will be the framework for the stadium (temple?) which also signifies the relationship between the Royal family and the Temple. We know the significance of the "little black dog" lol. And without a doubt, they are trying to sell us on the idea cute and cuddly aliens and the staduim itself invokes the idea of the mothership hoverling over London.
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Tue May 25, 2010 3:18 am

Godfrey of Bouillon eh? Merovingians? Robin Hood? Legendary bloodlines secreted into monastic orders as camouflage? Subversive Nazi-saluting, gay penis E.T./medieval warlord mascots and the coming false flag alien invasion? Oy vey! Let's write a Dan Brown style Gnostic thriller, with some sci-fi elements thrown in!

sunny cheers

Seriously though there may indeed be something in the use of these names and the bloodline. And more besides.
    Agogwe
    Agogwe
    White Belt
    White Belt

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2010-05-09

Post by Agogwe Tue May 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Kudos to you two, I just looked at them as some mutant teletubbies and now you've got me curious to the meanings behind these choices. Did they ever say why they "chose" those small town names for the mascots?
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Wed May 26, 2010 2:24 am

They are indeed mutant teletubbies also. Smile clown

I haven't looked into the reasons they chose those towns, at least ostensibly. Most probs coz they represent Little England and values of an era rapidly receding.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content