The Invisible Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

4 posters

The Synarchy Discussion

warrenBbull
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Number of posts : 80
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

The Synarchy Discussion Empty The Synarchy Discussion

Post by warrenBbull Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:44 pm

This thread has been edited to contain several threads and posts of this topic's subject matter. Spoiler tags were used for surface brevity.

- Lucid Memes

Synarchy, the polar opposite of anarchy:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Agartha Info -
    Spoiler:
    An old post of Warren recognizing Theosophy (Synarchy) in Kealey's work (3/4/09) -
    Spoiler:
    Synarchy and Glen -
    Spoiler:
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-04-04

The Synarchy Discussion Empty Synarchy - Rise of the Rough Beast

Post by Extant Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Atlantis as a super-advanced civilization, hollow earth and subterranean cities, ascended masters, Theosophy, and many other New Age and occult doctrines. Where did this burgeoning mushroom cloud of esoteric fascination come from? Maybe this transcribed lecture gives an indication. And more besides:

Reality 101 Blogspot: The Rise of the Rough Beast

(Adapted from a lecture by LYNN PICKNETT and CLIVE PRINCE at the Saunière Society Symposium, Conway Hall, London on 19 September 1999)

Introduction -
    Spoiler:
    The Age of the Sphinx -
    Spoiler:
    The New Order Begins -
    Spoiler:
    The Synarchist Agenda -
    Spoiler:
    Behind the Mask -
    Spoiler:
    The Atlantis Connection -
    Spoiler:
    splinters
    splinters
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-04-15

The Synarchy Discussion Empty Re: The Synarchy Discussion

Post by splinters Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:32 am

wow great posts winston.

So how old is the sphynx then?
    wouldnt carbon dating have settled this question a long time ago?

This term "synarchy" it seems to be a word with "buzz" potential. If only I had came across the term earlier.

A type of secret control of people who live life with a limited anarchy,
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:04 am

I do think that Synarchy has a lot of potential to explain much of what we see going on today. Much further research is needed on the subject though. But considering the prevalence of the Atlantis mythos and hollow earth fables today, the role of Saint-Yves as a huge influence on Theosophy and Anthroposophy, and more occult schools of thought besides allied to possible high level political connections; I feel that this subject is well worth a look.

The books of Picknett & Prince would be a starting point for info on the subject, their books deal with it quite a bit it seems.
    Though I'm far from convinced about their role in revealing Synarchism as they also deal with subjects of mystery and occult fascination themselves. I'll see once I read further into their works I guess, if they have a truly solid foundation to their theories.
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Post by Lucid Memes Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:29 am

That's for the info Warren. Extant, that article is pretty amazing, I can't believe I hadn't brought myself to read it sooner. There's are so many things related to this subject that I don't even know where to begin. So much of the new-age conspiracy lore can claim an ideological linage to this synarchy concept and people like Jay Weidner and Michael Tsarion stand out in my mind. The article mentioned how Schwaller de Lubicz claimed to be the alchemist "Fulcanelli," this stood out to me because Weidner used to talk about de Lubicz's ideas all the time, but he never mentioned that de Lubicz was a synarchist (as most people that quote him exclude that info as well). Weidner also often talked about the inner-earth masters and the whole nine-yards. Blavatsky admiring Michael Tsarion is as synarchist as can be and it's easy to see that. One of the main aspects of his work, is that Egypt (the pinnacle of synarchy according the synarchists) was the home of Irish Atlanteans who were marred by evil sun-worshipping Jews. This aspect is somewhat interesting, I remember Christopher Knowles mentioning that the original Theosophists were also Irish nationalists. I also wonder if this contributes any relevance to the Céile Dé. One thing that's new to me from all this is the Freemasonic Rite of Strict Observance which appears to be part of the structural source of the "Ascended Masters" idea that Blavatsky conjured. I've been looking for the origins of this idea for quite some time now. This is forming to be a pretty good trail. Wink
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:22 am

The following is the main text from James Webb's book The Occult Underground as it concerns Saint-Yves d'Alveydre, pages 270 - 275. He does feature elsewhere in the book but this is the main section on him. It seems that Webb thinks that Fabre d'Olivet was more influential than Saint-Yves, who he perhaps regards as a plagiarist and con man. Saint-Yves does feature somewhat in Webb's other book The Occult Establishment as well though, so I may feature that at a later point. I know that Picknett and Prince do devote far more pages to Saint-Yves in their book The Sion Revelation so that it is another text I want to get onto soon.

Spoiler:
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:14 am

Also, the "Synarchy: Movement of Empire" series of PDF books included below. I haven't read them yet but I'll put them here in case anyone finds them useful.

Synarchy: Movement of Empire Book 1

Synarchy: Movement of Empire Book 2

Synarchy: Movement of Empire Book 3

Synarchy: Movement of Empire Book 4
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:27 pm

^^^

Thanks for the info, Extant!

I think Webb has somewhat fell for the mindset, that once you realize that a person a crackpot or conman, to equate their erroneous ideas with the failure to inspire other's to their cause. They could be a failure in accurately depicting reality, but a success influencing people to believe it. Saint-Yves d'Alveydre probably was "a fraud to the highest degree" but that doesn't mean that people don't follow and enact his ideology. Just like Madame Blavatsky...another highly influencing charlatan.

Here's an excerpt from the book "Strange Creations" by Donna Kossy. Its about Blavatsky in relations to this subject.

Spoiler:

Everything in that section was significant IMO, but one thing that's worth noting is the chain connection from Eliphas Levi, to Edward Bulwer Lytton (the synarchist "Vril" guy), to HPB.

My recent studies has always lead me back to Eliphas Levi as being a focal point for occult ideas. There are sooo many occultists who trace back their ideology to him, so to find out that he was largely inspired by Antoine Fabre d'Olivet is another crucial piece of information in identifying the source. Thanks Wink

wiki - Antoine Fabre d'Olivet (December 8, 1767, Ganges, Hérault – March 25, 1825) was a French author, poet and composer whose Biblical and philosophical hermeneutics influenced many occultists, such as Eliphas Lévi and Gerard Encausse (Papus).

Quick question Extant, Webb mentioned "the occult trinity who presided over the Rose-Croix"...just to be certain, does this "trinity" consist of d'Olivet, d'Alveydre, and Papus?

Extant wrote:It is clear that whatever power Saint-Yves possessed lay solely in the immediate impact of his personality. Outside Paris, the Traditions might be known in their resurrected form either through the writings of "Eliphas Levi" and occultists who followed him; or as diluted in the works of poets and artists who found their inspiration in the occult. The romancing of Fabre d'Olivet might be known to a cosmopolitan like Madame Blavatsky; but to others the revival of interest in the occult served most often to draw attention to the material of the Traditions from which they could form their own syntheses.

Another thing I wanted to note was that, in your Webb excerpt, he kept using the term "Tradition" with a capital T. I'm not sure exactly what he's referring to, but it reminds me of the reactionary occult intellectual concept of "Traditionalism"

One of the main occult Traditionalists was Rene Guenon who spent time as one of Papus' underlings.

Last edited by Lucid Memes on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:14 am

Lucid Memes wrote:I think Webb has somewhat fell for the mindset, that once you realize that a person a crackpot or conman, to equate their erroneous ideas with the failure to inspire other's to their cause. They could be a failure in accurately depicting reality, but a success influencing people to believe it. Saint-Yves d'Alveydre probably was "a fraud to the highest degree" but that doesn't mean that people don't follow and enact his ideology. Just like Madame Blavatsky...another highly influencing charlatan.

Yes, Webb was always ultra-dismissive of the occult, and like all rational intellectual men (as he was then) investigating these areas dismissed occultists as charlatans and con men purely, and missed the influecne their ideas could have had, and did have. He may have also missed the whole point that such ideas may have had an esoteric purpose in themselves, a hidden cultural influencer.

Lucid Memes wrote:... one thing that's worth noting is the chain connection from Eliphas Levi, to Edward Bulwer Lytton (the synarchist "Vril" guy), to HPB.

My recent studies has always lead me back to Eliphas Levi as being a focal point for occult ideas. There are sooo many occultists who trace back their ideology to him, so to find out that he was largely inspired by Antoine Fabre d'Olivet is another crucial piece of information in identifying the source.

Yep. All links in the chain.

Lucid Memes wrote:Quick question Extant, Webb mentioned "the occult trinity who presided over the Rose-Croix"...just to be certain, does this "trinity" consist of d'Olivet, d'Alveydre, and Papus?

Don't know. Have to read the book to find out. I've only read the section I've quoted in my previous post.

Lucid Memes wrote:Another thing I wanted to note was that, in your Webb excerpt, he kept using the term "Tradition" with a capital T. I'm not sure exactly what he's referring to, but it reminds me of the reactionary occult intellectual concept of "Traditionalism"

Don't know about that either, yet.
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:30 pm

More on that last point of Traditionalism. I was surprised when I found out about the subject as meaning more than just "traditional values" in the normal sense, but more as an entire doctrine of occultism. Traditionalism, like Synarchy, has so many cross overs into the New Age and conspiracy theories...yet I've never heard a NWer or a theorists ever talk about these subjects at all...at least not in an objective way, but theologians may have heard of it. So I think this research is really cracking into a vital avenue into the depths of the matter.

I found out about Traditionalism when I stumbled upon this book "Against the Modern World: Traditionalism and the Secret Intellectual History of the Twentieth Century". Just reading the reviews was pretty interesting, revealing the nature of Traditionalism and its founder Guénon.

One person in reference to the reviews says:
    "Skim the reviews and you can see that two kinds of people read this book: Traditionalists, and others.

Most of the Traditionalists could not be more upset. Someone has taken a glance behind the curtain, cleared the smoke and taken down the mirrors. Traditionalism is just another religious tradition, as fascinating and diverse and imperfect as any other."

Another reviewer remarks about the "revelation elitists":
    "Perennialism (also common outside the Traditionalist fold) is the idea that all religions and philosophies have a common, inner message. This message is primordial and secret, and often expressed in the form of symbols. Only a small elite can understand it."

Traditionalism probably is an offshoot of Synarchy
    The origins of Traditionalism proper can be traced to various occult circles (around such figures as Papus, for example) and systems of Eastern wisdom and tradition.

The wiki entry on Guenon mentions a familiar synarchist admiration for the Knights of Templar, as the last true vestiges of the "Traditionalist" ways
    The last book listed [Spiritual Authority and Temporal Power] offers a general explanation of what Guénon saw as the fundamental differences between "sacerdotal" (priestly or sacred) and "royal" (governmental) powers, along with the negative consequences arising from the usurpation of the prerogatives of the latter with regard to the former. From these considerations, René Guénon traces to its source the origin of the modern deviation, which, according to him, is to be found in the destruction of the Templar order in 1314. [link]

Here's a comment about Traditionalism's similarity to Theosophy:
    "A question that comes to mind when reading this book, is how traditional Traditionalism really is? Guénon rejected the Theosophical Society, but his own message is a blend of Western occultism, Eastern religions, and even the legend of Atlantis and Hyperborea. In other words, something similar to...well, Theosophy."

I think its worth noting that Rene Guénon had a belief similar to Theosophy, yet opposing Theosophism. He was also a convert to Surfism...in fact, it had been reported that his last words were, "Allah." So to me, it seems like Blavasky's Theosophy and Guenon's Traditionalism are similar in agreement, that the West is materialistic and corrupt and salvation is found in the spiritual religions of the East...but the main difference is that Theosophy derives from the Far East whilst Traditionalism from the Middle East...that's a distinction I notice, but I would not put too much emphasis on that particular aspect.

It also reminds me of Alan Watt. I realized Watt was a type of Gnostic a while back, but Kealey had confirmed to me of his Sufi (Islamic Gnosticism) connections...which I accept as highly probably cause I also recognized his Islamic sympathies.
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Interesting stuff Lucid. I'll look into this book further.
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Here's P&P's Redice interview on the Stargate Conspiracy -

Here's the playlist - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Synarchy, Edgar Cayce, the CIA, Freemasonry, SRI International, the New Age, Andrija Puharich, Uri Geller, cult creation, The Council of the Nine
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Yeah, I listened to this a while back. May give it a refresher now. Thanks.
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:41 pm

Robert Anton Wilson on the Western Hermetic Tradition (Synarchy)

Here's the playlist - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Synarchy, Priory de Scion, Gnomes of Zürich, Nostradamus, Alien Hybridization, Hollow Earth, Rene le Chateau, Gérard Sède, Mathieu Paoli

He doesn't directly say synarchy, but its obvious he's talking about it when he refers to the occult underground political movement that tried to create a united European monarchy, similar to what P&P say about the attempt to create a fascist united states of Europe
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:23 am

Good talk from Wilson there. He certainly loved to swim in the seas of conspiracy lore and and New Age phantasy eh? And wasn't above lampooning it all.
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:04 am

This article has some pertinent information on the cultural and esoteric milieu in France that fostered Martinism, which is in itself hardly discernible from the doctrine of Synarchy:

Gnostique.net: 1839 l'Oeuvre de la Miséricorde / Church of Carmel

Martinism is key.

Also:

Omega Nexus Online: Manifestations of the Martinist Order

I came cross this stuff quite accidentally looking into something else.
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:22 am

Thank you for these links. Appears to be good information there
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:15 pm

The following is an excerpt from Umberto Eco's novel Foucault's Pendulum, pp. 315 - 319; a conversation between one of the main protagonists Casaubon and a more minor, though important, character; Police Inspector De Angelis. Over coffee De Angelis grills Casaubon on the subject of Synarchy. I love this conversation, it's one of the many narratives in the book dealing with the perennially ludicrous nature of conspiracy theory, where everything is upside down, inside out, "through the looking glass-esque," the plots cosmic, fantastical and uber-Byzantine. I will probably do a thread on this book, just posting excerpts; there is some spell-binding stuff in there. cyclops

Spoiler:
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:06 pm

There are so many truths in that piece right there. I've explored so many conspiracy theories over the years, that by the time I stumbled upon "synarchy," I too were also proposing many of the same points in that passage, its hilarious lol.

"My answer: There exists a secret society with branches through­out the world, and its plot is to spread the rumor that a universal plot exists."

You'll start to think that after a certain point lmao
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:05 pm

Yeah, Foucault's Pendulum is a must read. I'm positive the narrative will resonate in a big way for you at this time. The material is fully relevant to the similar perspective we seem to have on the subject of conspiracy theory.
    There is so much in that book that will just make you think: "I have fully been there."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:39 pm