The Invisible Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

+3
splinters
Lucid Memes
Extant
7 posters

The Céile Dé Priest Masons

Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-04-04

The Céile Dé Priest Masons - Page 2 Empty Re: The Céile Dé Priest Masons

Post by Extant Wed May 06, 2009 5:03 am

Pertaining to the Céile Dé Priest Masons, those who practice the "black art", and the word & name Smith as discussed previously, there is this revealing passage in Hamlet's Mill by Giorgio de Santillana and Hertha von Dechend:

Moving now to another great theme, in fact a very great one, it is possible to trace back the significance of the blacksmith in Asiatic shamanism, particularly the celestial blacksmith who is the legitimate heir to the divine "architekton" of the cosmos. Several representatives of this type, whom we call Deus Faber, still have both functions, being architects and smiths at the same time, e.g., the Greek Hephaistos, who builds the starry houses for the gods and forges masterworks, and the Koshar-wa-Hasis of Ras Shamra, who builds Baal's palace and forges masterworks also.

The Yakuts claim: "Smith and Shaman come from the same nest," and they add: "the Smith is the older brother of the Shaman," [n29 P. W. Schmidt, Die asiatischen Hirtenvolker (1954), pp. 346f. Concerning the terrestrial blacksmith: the many iron pieces which belong to the costume of a shaman can be forged only by a blacksmith of the 9th generation, i.e., eight of his direct ancestors must have been in the profession.

A smith who dared forge a shamanistic outfit without having those ancestors would be torn by bird-spirits.] which might be valid also for Vainamoinen, coupled with Ilmarinen, who is said to have "hammered together the roof of the sky." It is the primeval Smith who made the Sampo, as we know, and forged sky and luminaries in Esthonia. It is no idle fancy that the representative of the celestial smith, the King, is himself frequently titled "Smith." Jenghiz Khan had the title "Smith" [n30 A. Alfbldi, "Smith As a Title of Dignity" (in Hungarian), in Magyar Nyelv 28 (1932), pp. 205-20.] and the standard of the Persian Empire was the stylized leather apron of the Smith Kavag (appendix # 11). The Chinese mythical emperors Huang-ti and Yu are such unmistakable smiths that Marcel Granet drew historic-sociological conclusions all the way, forgetting the while that Huang-ti, the Yellow Emperor, is acknowledged to be Saturn. And just as the Persian Shahs held their royal jubilee festival after having reigned thirty years, which is the Saturnian revolution, so the Egyptian Pharaoh also celebrated his jubilee after thirty years, true to the "inventor" of this festival, Ptah, who is the Egyptian Saturn, and also Deus Faber. It was necessary to enter this subject in depth abruptly and lay stress on these few selected data, because otherwise the charming and harmless-looking Finnish runes would not be seen for what they are, the badly damaged fragments of a once whole and "multicolored cover." It does no harm to stamp Vainamoinen a "shaman" as long as one remains aware of the background of shamanism. In fact, there is again a vision in depth from seeing that Vainamoinen has discarded the drum which remains the one instrument of his Lapp cousins; he has created the harp, and this means that he must be seen as the Orpheus of the North.
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Sun May 17, 2009 9:30 am

I just remembered this from the CTRL Yahoo! Group that Kealey posts on. I think it's a response to the interest shown in the Céile Dé Priest Masons topic that came from his original email. He does tend to respond to people via the email group as has been seen. He told me he does this as well.

MAYDAY IOU 2

MAYDAY IOU 2

Aramaic begat Latin
    Latin begat Spanish/French
    French (65%) begat English

It's all about silly Abel.

Words are too confusing.

Syllables are Oort roots.

Stick with syllables.

They honour silly Able, not Cain the builder.

Si, see sea.

Here (ici) comes the honourable Judge.

Glen

Noel Noel

Vitamin has no L

Mary Magdalena is Magdaena--Ben in Drag

There is no L,
    Venus has no arms
    The sheep have no rams

Genetic male is going recessive

Alderamin is Ader-a-min, the Dragon who drags us into the future.

Venus, a boy called SUE, is the EASTERN STAR.

They, not Masons, are relevant.

There is no L in relevant

OUR EVE ANT -- THE HOMELESS BAG LADDER OF THE UNIVERSE

Daddy has a brand new bag

Her name is Cheesy (Chelsea)

Pa CERN makes Holy NOVA Swiss Cheese Whiz with BLACKWATER

Glen (GEN)

Bing, Being, Boeing, Beijing, Bang

The SculPTor (1776-1867)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] aka [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Web Site of Glen Kealey, National President
    Canadian Institute for Political Integrity (CIPI)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE THIS WORDSCULPTOR
    POST IS BEING BLOCKED (censored) BY HOST

Ipower (Phoenix /via India) -- their server FIDO continuously drops
    the connection)

May 01, 2009
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Wed May 20, 2009 12:47 pm

Relating to the Céile Dé Priest Masons and the idea of the smith that seems heavily linked there is the following piece of text from this article:

Occult Roots of the Russian Revolution

The Hammer and Sickle: Occult Symbols?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Throughout the twentieth century the hammer and sickle were universally recognised as symbols of communism and the Soviet Union. For millions of people the hammer and sickle symbolised a new political and economic order offering progress, justice and liberty. While countless others looked on the same hammer and sickle as ominous emblems of oppression, hatred and tyranny.

Occultists and students of ancient wisdom saw something more. Behind the outward appearance of these communist emblems, which officially represented the emancipation of labor, there was an element unknown to the masses.

Russian occultists saw the Bolshevics as unconsciously working for the cosmic mission of Russia and interpreted the Soviet hammer and sickle as hidden symbols of the blacksmith’s art, hinting at future transmutation and transformation. Both metallurgy and alchemy (regarded as an occult science) sort to destroy impure elements with fire and thereby release a refined product, whether forged metal (the smith) or spiritual gold (the alchemist). Fire is associated with transfiguration, regeneration, and purification, while iron is associated with Mars (the god of war) and the astral world.

To the occultist, the communist hammer and sickle symbolised conflict and transmutation. The forging – in the fires of struggle – of base elements into a purer, higher form. The atheistic Bolshevic, like the occultist, proclaimed that ordinary man must be transformed into new man, free of the bonds of selfish desires and of the oppressive past, in order to freely build the new civilisation of the future.
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Sun May 24, 2009 3:19 am

I compiled a blog post on a lot of the information I have posted in this thread here:

Black Artisans, Black Dogs, and the B(l)ack-to-front Language

It's been picked up by Terry Melanson of Conspiracy Archive on his blog here:

Conspiracy Archive Blog

I also posted the piece on the Above Top Secret Forum and I had the following reply to my synchromystic speculation there from a freemason:

Originally posted by emsed1
    When I was in the sixth grade I got a citizenship award from the local Masonic lodge. I had never heard of the Freemasons at that point.

I remember the day clearly. I went to the lodge and they had a luncheon and I got a certificate.

Later that day my best friend, Cliff, and I played with our GI Joe action figures.

GI Joe was a cartoon character that fought an evil nemesis called Cobra Commander.

Cobra Commander was the head of a huge Illuminati-like organization and he wore a mask.

One of the episodes of the GI Joe series was titled "Footloose".

"Footloose" is also the name of a movie starring.... (wait for it)

KEVIN BACON!!!

Essentially Kevin Bacon caused me to become a freemason and now when I eat pork products all I can think about is Satan.

I think you may call that a reaction. The masons there are very good at painting things they don't like in a certain light.
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Post by Lucid Memes Wed May 27, 2009 9:14 am

This is definitely interesting work. Reminds me a lot of the things Tsarion says. The idea that Christianity has pre-Jewish origins is a very Freemasonic idea

Winston_Smith wrote:Ciggy maintains that the Rosicrucians predate the Céile Dé slightly, as a result of John Dee's Klatch & Bacon's Royal Society being precursors. I have to check on this.

I remember Ciggy talking about the Kolbrin bible way back when. Is he sure that the Rosicrucians pre-date the Céile Dé? Have you verified this?
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Wed May 27, 2009 10:53 am

Preston wrote:This is definitely interesting work. Reminds me a lot of the things Tsarion says. The idea that Christianity has pre-Jewish origins is a very Freemasonic idea

Yes, I'm doing further research now. Taking in the traditional historical view first of the Céile Dé/Culdees, and then any masonic accounts, and anything from mythologists, the esoteric authors, and from folk tales too. I've downloaded one such folk tale from Internet Archive.

Preston wrote:I remember Ciggy talking about the Kolbrin bible way back when. Is he sure that the Rosicrucians pre-date the Céile Dé? Have you verified this?

Well it's one claim I'll be looking into. I'm not so sure about that from what I've read presently at all though. The Céile Dé can be traced (somewhat unreliably) back to as early as the 9th century A.D., but at the least to the 12th, and the Rose Cross (officially) only to the 17th. And if I was just to go by The Kolbrin itself then the Céile Dé trace their lineage back to the priesthoods of Egypt, so even more ancient in spirit again.
    intrepidpixie
    intrepidpixie
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by intrepidpixie Thu May 28, 2009 9:24 am

Have you looked into "Spirituality of the Céle Dé- The Age Of The Saints or Críth Gablach or SAINT BLATHMAC AND THE CÉILI DÉ: A REAPPRAISAL..?

The "Ceile" were the clients of the tribal chiefs (flaith) on the Isle of Mann in the 4th century. Also in Gaelic Ireland, the men who became direct céli of God (Céli Dé) committed themselves to a life characterised by the ‘noise of crying’ (delman ngretha). In a sense they are ‘lordless men’, separated by death from their flaith who has gone before them. The ‘noise of their crying’ is the keen (coíniud) due to their flaith which keeps alive his ‘fame’.

"....assumptions about the nature of power, defined in terms of sacred and secular ‘lordship’ (célsine, Celi De) underpin the Poems of Blathmac. So coherent are they that they may be considered as forming a system of ideas, a theory of power. The basic principle of the theory is that there is only one true lord (flaith),God, who claims legitimately the following of all men. The one flaith has created the Universe and now sustains it by the power of his ‘truth’ (fír). His power of fír is mediated on earth by certain men who rule or govern others..... "

Interesting to note that just a few centuries earlier the "Flaith" were the tribal chiefs.

Ceile De are also described as the "secular laywers" of the day, but also "monks". Are the two synonomous ?

Perhaps they were a branch of the Rosicrucians ( Dew - LVX, not "rose cross" which is merely the exoteric application of the term) which probably goes back many thousands of years. Oh, and I don`t think fremasonry has it`s origins from judaism or the ancient jews either.
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Thu May 28, 2009 10:51 am

Thansk for the info pixie, I've downloaded a PDF of the document you mentioned.

As for the Céile Dé predating the Rosicrucians in any sense, what do you know of John Dee's "Klatch"? Ciggy maintains entirely that the Rosicrucians pre-date the Céile Dé due to Dee's Klatch being an antecedent.
    intrepidpixie
    intrepidpixie
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Post by intrepidpixie Thu May 28, 2009 11:23 am

I don`t believe "Klatch" is any name of a real group. It sounds like it`s Ciggy vernacular Very Happy which simply means per the dictionary: informal gathering . He did however refer to Bacons Royal Society as also being an antecendent but that society/movement was spawned at Oxford University which dates back only to the 9th or 10th century. The Ceile De is Celtic and I believe Rosicrucianism was passed on from the Celtic/Druidic "priests" too. It has to do with etymology of the word Rosicrucian.

Last edited by intrepidpixie on Thu May 28, 2009 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Thu May 28, 2009 11:33 am

Klatch eh? Never heard of the term before. Neutral Learn something every year me. Laughing
    intrepidpixie
    intrepidpixie
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Post by intrepidpixie Thu May 28, 2009 11:37 am

Well, you may want to verify/clarify that with him. I`d never heard of the word before either and googling Dee/Klatch yielded nothing. Only the dictionary shed light on term. Perhaps he has some secret repository of knowledge that we aren`t privy to. LOL
    intrepidpixie
    intrepidpixie
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Post by intrepidpixie Thu May 28, 2009 12:27 pm

Here`s a pretty good explanation for the word "ceile" from: The Celtic Language. Perhaps this might shed some light.
    If they were the "servants of the noble men or tribal chiefs" then perhaps they were their advisors, or the ones that drew up the laws. Maybe that`s all freemasonry really is: a blueprint to control people and always has been.

Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Thu May 28, 2009 2:47 pm

Thanks for the info pixie, but for an idea where I think I can go with this the following article which I featured in my OP opens up huge possibilities:

Boaz, etc Blog - The Word Cowan Part 2

So many possibilities for the linking of the Templars to the Céile Dé and back to the ancient Egyptian priesthoods. I think there is ample circumstantial evidence in that article that promises solid reward for what I'm looking into. Very Happy bounce bounce

What I've linked together so far, mostly speculatively, hints at gold in them thar hills. I think there is more to this lot than mere lawyers, though I'm sure what you listed plays into it. Those who practise the "Black Art"? The mythical Gaelic "Black Dogs"? This is my territory bud! Very Happy cyclops

Excuse me while I just bound out of the forum. bounce bounce bounce
    intrepidpixie
    intrepidpixie
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Post by intrepidpixie Fri May 29, 2009 7:06 am

Hmm, i`ve heard about the mystic dogs in gaelic stories, and then you have the dog star/Druids and Anubis/Egyptians. "Modey Dhu" is a famous little tale from the Isle of Mann about a mythical evil black dog. The reason I know about this is when I was researching Rosicrucianism the word Ros means "dew" or the corrosive element in alchemy. "Dhu" is also "mist/fog or dew in Gaelic.
    The Cowan/Coen/Cohen/Kohn- this would tie into the Tribe of Dan settling in Ireland and Scotland. Well at any rate when you have it all put together please share it with us...

Those bouncing smileys are a hoot!
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Fri May 29, 2009 7:39 am

intrepidpixie wrote:Hmm, i`ve heard about the mystic dogs in gaelic stories, and then you have the dog star/Druids

Yes. For no other reason than a hunch supported by presently unconnected, seperate pieces of evidence I think the "black dogs" in question are solidly linked to, or actually are a representation of, the dog star/Sirius. It's ties in with recent synchronicities with my blog. I was using a black dog avatar (quite some time before I came on this info), the theme of my blog begun with the black dog, and the nature of the natural world being "red in tooth and claw", how you have to watch out for everything in life coz it usually has "teeth". From my blog, my first article:

Everything I look at I always ask: "Where's the teeth?" To survive all organisms either want to eat you, fuck you, or fight you. Or worse, the reverse order and all three sequentially.

This was the black dog I was using for my avatar:

I used coz it looked "mean & cool", and it also represented a key rejection of the happy-clappy New Age fantasy that floats around. I later found that it also was a manifestation of my shadow, in Jungian terms, and that my unconscious mind had tricked me into putting it full force on my blog. Just as a reminder. I wrote a post on this when I found this out:

Oops...just spotted my shadow.

My rambling here is meant to show how I think this has been presented to me, it's synchronicity. The Céile Dé black dogs, the dog star/Sirius, my shadow and accompanying avatar all mean the same thing.

"As within, so without".

intrepidpixie wrote:"Modey Dhu" is a famous little tale from the Isle of Mann about a mythical evil black dog. The reason I know about this is when I was researching Rosicrucianism the word Ros means "dew" or the corrosive element in alchemy. "Dhu" is also "mist/fog or dew in Gaelic.
    The Cowan/Coen/Cohen/Kohn- this would tie into the Tribe of Dan settling in Ireland and Scotland.

Interesting tid-bit about the Isle of Man black dog and dhu/mist/fog. Thanks.

Alchemy heavily ties into the Céile Dé so I'm sure it's all connected. I just have to see if I can make concrete connections.
    intrepidpixie
    intrepidpixie
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Post by intrepidpixie Fri May 29, 2009 8:03 pm

"As within, so without"- hey I like that! I didn`t know that was your blog- i`ve bookmarked it. Here is the synopsis of Modey Dhu, you may find interesting from a webpage:

.........it has certain magic gifts which I have not found in any other Gaelic story; and the little dog who goes to the skies, and is about to marry the daughter of the king, and is transformed into a man at home, may turn out to be a Celtic divinity. When so little is known of Celtic mythology, anything may be of use. The raven, the crow, and the serpent, have appeared as transformed beings of superior power. Now, the little dog appears, and there are mystic dogs elsewhere in Gaelic stories, and in other Celtic countries. In the Isle of Man is the well-known "Modey dhu," black dog which used to haunt Peel Castle, and frightened a soldier to death.

In a carious book, written to prove Gaelic to be the original language (History of the Celtic Language, by L. MacLean, 1840), there is a great deal of speculation as to the Farnese Globe; and the dog-star in particular is supposed to have been worshipped by the Druids. Without entering into such a wide field, it is worth notice that "Anubis," the dog-star, was son of Osiris and Nephthys, had the nature of a dog, and was represented with the head of one. He was a celestial double deity, and watched the tropics. The servant lad who told this story; and the old woman, MacKerrol, from whom he learned it, are not likely persons to have heard of Anubis, or the Farnese Globe; so anything got from them may be taken at its value, whatever that may be. The opinion that Celts came from the East by way of Phœnicia, has been held by many, and some one may wish to follow the trail of the little dog; so I give his history as it came to me, rather than fuse it into one story with the Hoodie, as I was at first tempted to do before the plan of this work was decided on.

Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Fri May 29, 2009 8:24 pm

Nice. Thanks. BTW, the Semioticology Blog is mine, not the Boaz, etc Blog. To paraphrase Austin Powers somewhat, "She's a woman, man, not a man, woman!"

The Boaz, etc Blog is written by a Montreal woman called Francine Bernier, and I've just received this book today of her's:

The Templar's Legacy in Montreal, The New Jerusalem

Synopsis:

Designed in the 17th century as the New Jerusalem of the Christian world, the island of Montreal became the new headquarters of a group of mystics that wanted to live as the flawless Primitive Church of Jesus. But they could not do that in the Old World! This book reveals the links between Montreal and: John the Baptist as patron saint; Melchizedek, the first king-priest and a father figure to the Templars and the Essenes; Stella Maris, the Star of the Sea from Mount Carmel; the Phrygian goddess Cybele as the androgynous Mother of the Church; St. Blaise, the Armenian healer or 'Therapeut' -- the patron saint of the stonemasons and a major figure to the Benedictine Order and the Templars; the presence of two Black Virgins, particularly one from Montaigu; an odd, Cabbalistic Tetragrammaton which does not spell YHVH; a Sulpician chapel which is based on the theme of the Temple of Solomon; an intriguing family coat of arms with twelve blue apples; and much more. After several journeys in Europe and Africa, Francine Bernier realised the history of her hometown contained a hidden dimension so far gone unnoticed and unrecorded. Her unique, detailed, three-year long and on-site analysis uncovers the secret history behind the foundation of a city in the French New World. Its destiny was to become the refuge of the most virtuous men and women who expected the return of a divine king-priest; a story connected with the mystery of Rennes-le-Chateau, and the revival of a heterodox group whose marks, and those of the French masonic Compagnons, are still visible today, both in the old city and underneath.

The articles she has on her blog are superb, but the canny bitch has rigged the blog so that you can't copy and paste the text, and the main articles I want are in French to boot, especially "Le mot cowan, partie 1 (The Word Cowan Part 1)". The second part was in English, but the first French only. So I'm torturously translating the text by typing out the whole article and using Babylon to translate, but it'll be worth it. study study study
    intrepidpixie
    intrepidpixie
    Orange Belt
    Orange Belt

Post by intrepidpixie Fri May 29, 2009 8:53 pm

Winston_Smith wrote: Semioticology Blog
    Yes, that`s the one I was referring to, and i`ve bookmarked that one. I didn`t think the french one was yours. Very Happy
    Yes, I noticed that copying her text is met with difficulty- every other sentence or so. Montreal is full of secrets but it`s also a thorn in the side of the proponents for a amalgamation of the Americas. I think that`s why they started a separatist movement because they know the NAU can never be with Quebec in the way.
    splinters
    splinters
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Number of posts : 69
    Registration date : 2009-04-15

Post by splinters Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:32 am

I look forward to the review.

If you cant cut and paste text from her site try saving the entire webpage Razz
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:22 am

splinters wrote:I look forward to the review.

If you cant cut and paste text from her site try saving the entire webpage Razz

It seems that that can't be done either. The site is boobytrapped! One false move, it explodes! affraid
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:48 pm

intrepidpixie wrote:"Modey Dhu" is a famous little tale from the Isle of Mann about a mythical evil black dog. The reason I know about this is when I was researching Rosicrucianism the word Ros means "dew" or the corrosive element in alchemy. "Dhu" is also "mist/fog or dew in Gaelic.
    The Cowan/Coen/Cohen/Kohn- this would tie into the Tribe of Dan settling in Ireland and Scotland.

This is interesting from the blog I mentioned earlier, Boaz, etc:

The fact that the word cowan associated with masonry appears in the first Schaw Statutes of 1598 suggests that it was well known and commonly used in this form, much like the word tinker was during the same period. There is very little doubt that it was the anglicized form, perhaps abbreviated, of an Old Norse or Gaelic word that came to have a specific meaning in Scotland. Since the surname Cowan appears in this written form only in the first half of the 17th century, it is probable that it shares the same origin as the common noun. In fact, Cowan is just one of the many anglicized forms (20) of the Gaelic surname Colquhoun (pronounced co-whoon) which was first used in this form in the 12th century. It was the name of an island of Loch (lake) Lomond, near Glasgow, in Dunbartonshire, as well as the name of its first inhabitants who came from the Highlands. Today their descendants are established mainly at Rossdhu and Luss, on the banks of Loch Lomond. So, what did colquhoun mean?

John O'Hart (21) claims the surname Colquhoun is the anglicized form, like Calahan and Calhoun, of the Irish name Ceallachain (Ceallaghan), from which derived Cowan, Kowen, Coen, and Cuan.

Cowan, Coen, Kuon (the black dog), is related to Cohen, prince or priest, dog priest in the near east, Babylon, Egypt, etc, but is is tres strange that coen, cohen, cowan, can be realted back to the same meaning of dog and dog priest, even in Ireland and Scotland.

And that a major locale of settlement for an etymologically related clan is Rossdhu. This can be correlated with the "Black Art", or alchemy within the readings I have done this far. It all connects. study bounce

Maybe you iz on 2 summat Rogue? Russ-Dhu?
    Phoenix778m
    Phoenix778m
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Phoenix778m Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:47 pm

I wonder why Cowan was used in masonry to be a derogatory term for one who is uninitiated? (In the Dark)

Also Cowan having it's association with black magic. The most ancient priesthoods were the ones of Saturn(El). Kaiwan is Persian for Saturn. I believe this is why the Kiwanis club picked this name. Saturn is the father god or Priestly Cast. Like Pixie pointed out: Cowan, Cohen, King.

Just some more thread for the tapestry of info.
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Phoenix778m wrote:I wonder why Cowan was used in masonry to be a derogatory term for one who is uninitiated? (In the Dark)

Also Cowan having it's association with black magic. The most ancient priesthoods were the ones of Saturn(El). Kaiwan is Persian for Saturn. I believe this is why the Kiwanis club picked this name. Saturn is the father god or Priestly Cast. Like Pixie pointed out: Cowan, Cohen, King.

Just some more thread for the tapestry of info.

Thanks. Smile
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

Post by Lucid Memes Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:03 pm

There was a program last night on the National Geographic Channel called "The Secret of the Druids"

The druids had no written language, so what we know about them historically (i.e. in texts) mostly comes from Roman accounts...and the Romans said that they were barbaric and practiced ritual sacrifice as part of their belief system.

In modern times, people with a romantic idea of the past, like to portray these accounts as false and lies created by the Romans to vilify their enemies before destroying them. But this program archaeologically proves that the Druids, not only performed ritual sacrifice, but also resorted to ritual cannibalism before being overrun by Roman legions.

Despite this, I don't see the Druids as inherently evil because they sacrificed...that's cause sacrifice is part of a very archaic practice that probably dates back to the origins of the human species

...even the Romans had their gladiator games...and what is that if its not a sacrifice to Caesar?

Ave caesar! Morituri te salutamus!
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:32 am

More and more threads being tied together here. What is perhaps most salient, besides the almost certain Druidic origins to the Céli Dé (and disregarding The Kolbrin right now too), is the legend of the Gobban Saor.
    St. Mael Ruain, a Céle Dé, the founder of the monastery of Tallaght (along with the monastery Finglas, one of the "two eyes of Ireland"), whose teacher was Ferdacrich (Frederick anglicized), native of Daire Eidnech. Ruadhan was the founder of this town.
    The local name name for the town is Gobban Saor. It is still referred to as being on an island, which refers back to this from earlier research:

‘The origin of the term cowan was probably to describe a mason resident on an island, a freeman working without mortar for practical reasons, including the oral tradition transmitted from father to son.’

Linguistic evolution and phoneme interchange have already indicated that the word 'cowan' (also then cohen, cuon, kuon [dog, dog priest anyone? Wink ]) is the same as 'gowan/goban'. A freeman/freemason seer, working the black art, also known as the "opening of locks"! Metaphorical, as well as literal surely.

The Gobban Saor is the ancient legend of the artificer for the gods, an ancient sage. Related in myth to Hephaestus/Vulcan.

The Gobban Saor - romanticised depiction

THE GOBBAN SAOR

He stepped a man, out on the ways of men,
    And no one knew his sept, or rank, or name;
    Like a strong stream far issuing from a glen,
    From some source unexplored the Master came;
    Gossips there were who, wondrous keen of ken,
    Surmised that he must be a child of shame;
    Others declared him of the Druids, then-
    Thro' Patrick's labours-fallen from power and fame.
    He lived apart, wrapt up in many plans;
    He wooed not women, tasted not of wine;
    He shunned the sports and councils of the clans;
    Nor ever knelt at a frequented shrine.
    His orisons were old poetic ranns
    Which the new Olamhs deem'd an evil sign;
    To most he seemed one of those Pagan Khans
    Whose mystic vigour knows no cold decline.
    He was the builder of the wondrous Towers,
    Which, tall and straight and exquisitely round,
    Rise monumental round this isle of ours,
    Index-like, marking spots of holy ground.
    In glooming silent glens, in lowland bowers,
    On river banks, these Cloichteachs old abound, (112)
    Where Art, enraptured, meditates long hours
    And Science ponders, wondering and spell-bound.
    Lo, wheresoe'er these pillar-towers aspire,
    Heroes and holy men repose below;
    The bones of some, gleaned from a Pagan pyre,
    Others in armour lie, as for a foe;
    It was the mighty Master's life-desire
    To chronicle his great ancestors so;
    What holier duty, what achievement higher
    Remains to us, than this he thus doth show?
    Yet he, the builder, died an unknown death;
    His labours done, no man beheld him more;
    'Twas thought his body faded like a breath-
    Or, like a sea-mist, floated off Life's shore.
    Doubt overhangs his fate-and faith-and birth:
    His works alone attest his life and love,
    They are the only witnesses he hath,
    All else Egyptian darkness covers o'er.
    Men called him Gobban Saor, and many a tale
    Yet lingers in the byways of the land,
    Of how he cleft the rock, and down the vale
    Led the bright river, child-like, in his hand;
    Of how on giant ships he spread great sail
    And many marvels else, by him first planned,
    And tho' these legends fail, in Innisfail
    His name and Towers for centuries still shall stand.

Thomas D'Arcy McGee (113)

pp. 112 – 113, A Book of Irish Verse, W.B. Yeats

Lots more to come when I do my big series on this folks! Very Happy bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:25 am