The Invisible Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

2 posters

The Mormon Transhumanist Association

Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

The Mormon Transhumanist Association Empty The Mormon Transhumanist Association

Post by Lucid Memes Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:58 pm

I ran a search on transhumanism just now, trying to dig up some dirt, and i accidentally came across this Mormon Transhumanism website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What is the relationship between Mormonism and Transhumanism?

Increasingly, persons are recognizing the relationship between Mormonism and Transhumanism. On the one hand, Mormonism is a spiritual ideology of the Judeo-Christian tradition that advocates faith in God leading to salvation. On the other hand, Transhumanism is a mostly secular ideology that advocates ethical use of technology to extend human capabilities. However, Mormonism and Transhumanism advocate remarkably similar views of human nature and its future: material beings organized according to law, rapidly advancing knowledge and power, imminent fundamental changes to our anatomy and environment, and ultimate transcendence of our current limitations.

Documents and presentations available on this site provide more details on the relationship between Mormonism and Transhumanism. "Parallels and Complements between Mormonism and Transhumanism", originally presented at the Sunstone Symposium in Salt Lake City on 11 August 2006, compares Mormon and Transhumanist views of the future. Alternatively, for persons already familiar with Mormonism, we recommend "Transfiguration", published in March 2007 as the cover article of Sunstone magazine. For persons already familiar with Transhumanism, we recommend "Syncretization", originally presented at the Seminar on Transhumanism and Religion in Second Life on 29 April 2007.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This Mormon sect is apparently funded by the WTA (World Transhumanist Association) and runs a program that would appear to be in direct conflict with the tenets of a spiritual belief system.

the site supplies an e-book called "Parallels and Complements between Mormonism and Transhumanism"
    you can get it here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Lucid Memes on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:50 am; edited 2 times in total
    Phoenix778m
    Phoenix778m
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2009-02-23

The Mormon Transhumanist Association Empty Re: The Mormon Transhumanist Association

Post by Phoenix778m Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:05 pm

It will be interesting to see the evolution of the Mormon church in these final days to the NWO. No one is more interested in this then I. My grandparents couldn't have children so they adopted a NA Indian girl from birth and she had me. They had to raise me because my mother wasn't able to care for me. They were probably around their late 50's at this point so needless to say they are push'n 80 now. I was raised in the Mormon church and was able to listen to their older view of how the social structures and perception of the doctrine have changed. I can honestly say now that if that wasn't the case I would have never been privy to the knowledge I have now. The people of the Mormon Church I know are going to battle it out in the end with their own Prophets and other members who go running into the pit falls that the world system creates as it tries to destroy the old systems. I have known a few Mormons that have made it to the Patriot stage of awakening but due to some pitfalls built into the LDS doctrine they will never awake to their awful situation.

When starting out to teach an LDS member I use this passage from The Book of Mormon Ether Chapter 8
    And now I, Moroni(Moron "I"), do not write the manner of their oaths and combinations, for it hath been made known unto me that they are had among all people, and they are had among the Lamanites.
    21 And they have caused the a destruction of this people of whom I am now speaking, and also the destruction of the people of Nephi.
    22 And whatsoever a nation shall uphold such secret combinations, to get power and gain, until they shall spread over the nation, behold, they shall be destroyed; for the Lord will not suffer that the blood of his saints, which shall be shed by them, shall always cry unto him from the ground for convergaence upon them and yet he avenge them not.
    23 Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get a power and gain—and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you, yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be.
    24 Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this a secret combination which shall be among you; or wo be unto it, because of the blood of them who have been slain; for they cry from the dust for vengeance upon it, and also upon those who built it up.
    25 For it cometh to pass that whoso buildeth it up seeketh to overthrow the a freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people, for it is built up by the devil, who is the father of all lies; even that same liar who beguiled our first parents, yea, even that same liar who hath caused man to commit murder from the beginning; who hath hardened the hearts of men that they have murdered the prophets, and stoned them, and cast them out from the beginning.

So lets start with the good of Mormonism they believe in being debt free, prepared for the ET's(End Times) and the community is a relentless tidal wave of service to others. These are mainly why people join as their world crumbles around them and so the good and bad doctrine are consumed with no problem. I stated that Mormonism helped me come to the knowledge I had today because my parents told me to seek out the truth and research all the other religions before I committed to Mormonism. Big Mistake, That's what got me into learning about Judaism and Ancient Cultures and one day it hit me in the face that it's all connected. So with LDS doctrine comes not only the pitfalls for most Christians you also have more duty to the Church and the 13 articles of faith(That's Right 13!)here are some that make me cringe.

10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

There is the problem! no matter how bad it gets they still send their kids to public school and believe in being subject to the god of this world till Christ returns which is Lucifer.(Lucifer=Big Idea)

Another thing is their is a prophesy in the Church that one day the constitution will hang by a thread and that the prophet will come and fix it all. Nevermind the constitution never was a document of "freedoms".

Getting to the article at hand and why I had to cover some basic Mormon Beliefs one of the strongest ones with the people of the church is No Doctrine out side of what is given at conference(Once a year meeting in Salt Lake where instruction is given.)and what is declared by the Presidency of the church is considered to be subject to distortion from Satan. In other words, Even if the Prophet of the Church writes a book on Mormon Doctrine it is NOT doctrine it is opinion. The Mormon Transhuminist Doctrine is not being taught or discussed in the Church at the pulpit or in lesson plans. They have very strict rules of what lessons are taught and how they are presented. If a person did teach these things they would be excommunicated from the Church.
    It remains to be seen how the LDS church will combat the world system. So far they believe in following along it's path while trying to hold on to it's old beliefs. None of this is in defense of the Church just an observation of it.

Other fun beliefs of the church: Most older church members believe there are these Three Nephites that walk the earth today and go around helping people when they are most in need.
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

The Mormon Transhumanist Association Empty Re: The Mormon Transhumanist Association

Post by Lucid Memes Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:16 am

Phoenix778m wrote:So lets start with the good of Mormonism they believe in being debt free, prepared for the ET's(End Times) and the community is a relentless tidal wave of service to others. These are mainly why people join as their world crumbles around them and so the good and bad doctrine are consumed with no problem. I stated that Mormonism helped me come to the knowledge I had today because my parents told me to seek out the truth and research all the other religions before I committed to Mormonism. Big Mistake, That's what got me into learning about Judaism and Ancient Cultures and one day it hit me in the face that it's all connected. So with LDS doctrine comes not only the pitfalls for most Christians you also have more duty to the Church and the 13 articles of faith(That's Right 13!)here are some that make me cringe.

10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

There is the problem! no matter how bad it gets they still send their kids to public school and believe in being subject to the god of this world till Christ returns which is Lucifer.(Lucifer=Big Idea)

This sound very much like Millennialism. The belief that the Saviour will come back and restored an eden like paradise and rule for 1,000 years (do Mormons make any mention of the duration of the reign of the kingdom, Phoenix?) This millennial belief system goes straight back to Zoroastrianism. That ancient religion believed that the end of the world will come in a series of three 1,000 year periods. The influence Zoroastrianism had on Judaism is the reason apocalyptic memes are so strong in the religions derived from the Abrahamic tradition. And its the goal of the followers of the belief system(s) to prepare and lay the ground work of the saviour's return and to start off the first 1,000 year reign.

Now, in the context of Zoroastrianism and transhumanism...one can trace ideological inspiration from the work of Nietzsche and the destructive forces he may have unintentionally influenced. Nietzsche wanted to create a revival of an idealized but improved version of a Zoroastrian past. "Thus Spake Zarathusa" talks about the coming new age ruled by the new species "ubermensch"...of which the Nazi's planned to create with their own interpretation of Nietzsche's work (transhumanism being a post-WW2 name for eugenics). And the Third Reich's claim to create a “Thousand Years’ Empire” sounds very much like the Zoroastrian end times cycles.

And you're right Pheonix, when you look into the past, you do see that they're all connected. There are many different religions and ideologies who believe in an restoration of a type of heavenly paradise to earth and the insertion of an absolute monarch at the top. This is very dangerous because many of the groups who believe this are in favor of a type of world destruction as a precursor before the new kingdom on earth...and of course, absolute monarchy will probably resemble absolute fascism.

I think the various forms of the "new kingdom on earth" ideology were intentionally disseminated world wide to different cultures with the intent of unifying them at a later time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:37 am