The Invisible Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

2 posters

"Bill Cooper was a total fraud," claims one his UFOlogy peers

Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-04-04

"Bill Cooper was a total fraud," claims one his UFOlogy peers Empty "Bill Cooper was a total fraud," claims one his UFOlogy peers

Post by Extant Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:36 pm

The following is an audio featured on The Paracast, a paranormal and UFOlogy internet radio show by one Don Ecker of Dark Matters Radio on the subject of Bill Cooper and his mistaken enshrinement by the conspiracy movement as a martyred hero. Ecker certainly has a grudge against Cooper for sure, this still despite his being dead, but there are many salient points that emerge and the various interview clips of Cooper (especially the death threats he made to a 69 year old man) are very worthwhile hearing I think.
    It's a long audio, 2 hours worth, keep in mind. I've heard a lot of the information in this audio second-hand perviously but it's more pointed to hear a first-hand, eye witness claimant to may of these issues. Plus there is more I haven't heard before. Cooper was a bigtime UFO scene insert back in the day but the claim in this audio is that he only moved away from the scene because, in high irony, he was found to be a fraud by all the main players in UFOlogy. His assertion always was that he was fed "UFO disinfo" and sidestepped the scene as a result. Still, as much as I can believe large portions of Ecker's claims it could also be a case of the kettle calling the pot black, as we say round these here parts.

Audio download: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

"Bill Cooper was a total fraud," claims one his UFOlogy peers Empty Re: "Bill Cooper was a total fraud," claims one his UFOlogy peers

Post by Lucid Memes Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Extant wrote: Still, as much as I can believe large portions of Ecker's claims it could also be a case of the kettle calling the pot black, as we say round these here parts.

Yeah. That's pretty much what I was thinking the whole time.

I've always respected Cooper but never really fell deep into his bandwagon. A lot of his lectures are interesting but I differ a lot from his overall reasoning about things. I sensed a lot of personal confusion and internal conflicts with him due to much of his concepts being contradictory.

Like his total debunking of Christianity whilst remaining a devout Christian nonetheless. Also, his changing views on the alien agenda theories, although this interview gives more insight on this aspect.

He's an interesting bloke, but nothing to go crazy over (as he did in his own personal life)

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 9:22 pm