The Invisible Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Chapel Perilous, that vortex where cosmological speculations, coincidences, and paranoia seem to multiply and then collapse, compelling belief or lunacy, wisdom or agnosticism.” ~Robert Anton Wilson

4 posters

2012 mania

Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Number of posts : 1111
    Registration date : 2009-02-12

2012 mania Empty 2012 mania

Post by Lucid Memes Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:08 am

The 2012 end times theories have been running strong in the new age community ever since the failure of Y2K. But what's amazing is the massive memetic and commercial build up before these dates. Y2K was great for commerce, so its no surprise that another end times con would follow a decade later. And when nothing happens on 2012, they'll probably come up with another date 10 years down the line to market to the apocalyptic communities of the world.

2012 goes Hollywood -

check out this site - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Number of posts : 555
    Registration date : 2009-04-04

2012 mania Empty Re: 2012 mania

Post by Extant Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:56 am

2013: Or, What to Do When the Apocalypse Doesn’t Arrive - by Gary Lachman
    Wings4Wheels
    Wings4Wheels
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2009-11-17

Post by Wings4Wheels Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:30 am

LOL........and I fell for all that new age crap for a while.

How about the drawings by Nostrodomis' son released from the Vatican with the same ol 2012 predictions....wtf????

And what about these new agers? I gotta say, for being so enlightened, they really have their heads up their... okay I'll check out your videos above.

Thanks for some sanity with this very cool topic.

Holy Crap, Lucid, your post number is 666!!! ahahaha

Last edited by Wings4Wheels on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I fucked up)
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:20 am

Yup...I remember my New Agey phase. You're bound to run into it on the internet eventually

I know what you're talking about with the Nostradamus's lost book documentary. I personally think it's a hoax.

New age guru Jay Weidner has his hands all over it. I sense propaganda...Nostradamus theorists have to cook up something to cash in on this 2012 craze
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:39 pm

2012 movie download - zSHARE:

2012 Pt. 1

2012 Pt. 2
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:27 pm

Cool. How's the video quality?
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Looks O.K. I only saw the opening credits though.
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Thanks. I may view it this weekend Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Wings4Wheels
    Wings4Wheels
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Post by Wings4Wheels Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:38 pm

Hey, man, you don't talk to Tsarion. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life?

You just know they pay people in Hollywood to do nothing but watch conspiracy blogs to get ideas for movies. The Horror.......The Horror.
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Wings4Wheels wrote:Hey, man, you don't talk to Tsarion. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life?

You just know they pay people in Hollywood to do nothing but watch conspiracy blogs to get ideas for movies. The Horror.......The Horror.

Laughing
    Wings4Wheels
    Wings4Wheels
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Post by Wings4Wheels Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:20 pm

And if the folks in Hollywood are looking at conspiracy blogs for movie ideas, then movies are sure going to suck in the future. No more great ones like Apocolypse Now......That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.

A couple of my favorites:

"We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!

No wonder Kurtz put a weed up Command's ass. The war was being run by a bunch of four star clowns who were gonna end up giving the whole circus away."

And I never even caught this line from Dennis Hopper, even after watching it a dozen times:

"One through nine, no maybes, no supposes, no fractions. You can't travel in space, you can't go out into space, you know, without, like, you know, uh, with fractions - what are you going to land on - one-quarter, three-eighths? What are you going to do when you go from here to Venus or something? That's dialectic physics."

Ah, this last question from Hopper.......gotta love it.........laughin my ass off!
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:39 pm

I'd like the read Conrad's Heart of Darkness some time, as the film was very loosely based, or themed, on that.
    But Apocapypse Now is a breathtaking film. The perfect flawed masterpiece and all that.
    Wings4Wheels
    Wings4Wheels
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Post by Wings4Wheels Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:15 am

Extant,

I'm counting on you and Lucid to keep me up on stuff I should read. I have a perfectly good excuse for not reading. I spent my life reading bloody fucking legal transcripts. Now I'm an early retired cougar moving to Peru. Holy crap. I kissed a 19yo this summer. No 40-something woman should ever have to resist a 20yo. It's impossible. I had to tell him he's too young. I like 30-somethings the best. Sometimes a well-written summary is better than reading the whole book anyway. Also, my other excuse is I have to learn Spanish really well. Es muy dificil.
    Lucid ...... Love the Avatar. Muchos gracias.
    missingyoumadly
    missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Number of posts : 345

Post by missingyoumadly Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:29 am

You should kiss as many 19 year olds as possible...they need the education and you deserve the fun. BTW how old are you, Justin? (not that age matters, but on behalf of Wings, I must know.)
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:31 am

33 1/2. Wink
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:34 am

19year old's!? 20yo's!? 33 1/2yo's!? Mad

listen folks, the only year you should be talking about 2012! or get yer own thread!

jeesh!

j/k Laughing

we should have a party on 2012. celebrate the end of the world...go out with a bang, eh?
    missingyoumadly
    missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Post by missingyoumadly Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:37 am

Rolling Eyes you got a problem with older women and younger men????

2012 is roughly 3 years away. (back on topic)
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:40 am

missingyoumadly wrote:Rolling Eyes you got a problem with older women and younger men????

now, now...you know I have no prob with that lol
    missingyoumadly
    missingyoumadly
    Blue Belt
    Blue Belt

Post by missingyoumadly Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:43 am

Are you sayin' I'm old?
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:45 am

milf!
    Wings4Wheels
    Wings4Wheels
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Post by Wings4Wheels Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:27 am

missingyoumadly wrote:You should kiss as many 19 year olds as possible...they need the education and you deserve the fun. BTW how old are you, Justin? (not that age matters, but on behalf of Wings, I must know.)

......MMMM.....Justin is 33 1/2......almost the age Jesus was in his prime!....nothing gets me hotter than thinkin about doin the last temptation of Christ........lol........all that long wavy hair in the pretty white dress..........There's one hot scene in the bible where Egyptian Mary washes Jesus' feet with her hair in oil!
    Leave to me to turn this dignified cerebral forum into a Pudding Palace! I couldn't believe not one person ever figured out what the name of the old "Pudding Palace" forum meant. It's a term they use in Europe, T came up with the name, and it's kinda gross. It's the place men go to watch sex shows, wack off, and leave their pudding......ergo the name pudding palace! ...... and all that time I thought she made it sound like a cooking forum to hide from the Tsarionites and the PTB's! I was so niave!
    Do behave!
    Extant
    Extant
    Brown Belt
    Brown Belt

Post by Extant Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:38 am

Wings4Wheels wrote:
    missingyoumadly wrote:You should kiss as many 19 year olds as possible...they need the education and you deserve the fun. BTW how old are you, Justin? (not that age matters, but on behalf of Wings, I must know.)

......MMMM.....Justin is 33 1/2......almost the age Jesus was in his prime!....nothing gets me hotter than thinkin about doin the last temptation of Christ........lol........all that long wavy hair in the pretty white dress..........There's one hot scene in the bible where Egyptian Mary washes Jesus' feet with her hair in oil!

Steady on girl! Laughing We've only just met (virtually and all!) afro
    Wings4Wheels
    Wings4Wheels
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Post by Wings4Wheels Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:35 am

Steady on girl! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] We've only just met (virtually and all!) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

....... I promise to behave, virtually, that is.

Speaking of bad sci-fi movies, did anyone see Battlefield Earth? Supposedly, Travolta is leaving Scientology. His son, who recently died, had autism. Scientology doesn't believe in autism, which forced Travolta all these years to say his son had some other disease. I don't know if I believe it. Could be true I suppose.

And about 2012 end times, I have no curiosity to find out what the future holds and discover the unforeseen truth, because when the unforeseen wishes to, it may bite me in the ass! Of more importance to me is how to deal with the 2012 new age believers who live in Peru. There are quite a few living there because they believe the sacred valley of the Incas will survive 2012. Big tourism bucks for Peru, check this out: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    we should have a party on 2012. celebrate the end of the world...go out with a bang, eh?
    ...........That's what I'm talkin about.

Last edited by Wings4Wheels on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm an editor.)
    Lucid Memes
    Lucid Memes
    Red Belt
    Red Belt

Post by Lucid Memes Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:53 am

Wings4Wheels wrote:
    Leave to me to turn this dignified cerebral forum into a Pudding Palace! I couldn't believe not one person ever figured out what the name of the old "Pudding Palace" forum meant. It's a term they use in Europe, T came up with the name, and it's kinda gross. It's the place men go to watch sex shows, wack off, and leave their pudding......ergo the name pudding palace!

Well, I consider this section of the forum to be the wacky section anyway Laughing

Debunker Underground is Pudding Palace 2.0!
    Wings4Wheels
    Wings4Wheels
    Yellow Belt
    Yellow Belt

Post by Wings4Wheels Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Oh great! A place to leave my Pudding!!
    Really deep down I'm not man crazy. It's just good for a laugh. I'm worried about that 20yo in Peru. Paolo is too young to be a street artisan. The street artisans are older street smart guys who travel and get semi precious stones, alligator teeth, etc. to weave into jewelry. They barely make enough to survive, and the cops kick them out and take their stuff. Weed is legal so at least they don't get busted. Paolo makes Austrailian style digeradoos and was learning to make drums. The poor skinny kid carries all this stuff on his back. Hopefully, I'll find a rent in 2010 and Paolo will always have a place to stay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content